Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My 6 month check up...

Hello Beautifuls!
So before I left the country I received a 6 month check up and I have good news...all is well! From the breast exam I received (just the doctor feeling my breasts with her hands, not an ultrasound), there are no new lumps that she could feel and the ones that are present, have not grown. And perhaps they might have shrunk because she could not feel any large ones (like the ones that were there from before my last surgery in December). I have also been doing self breast exams and I do not feel any new ones. الحمدلله. Now, I am not sure what exactly this means, but I am so happy that for right now I do not have any more growths.
And I do feel like my diet has had a large impact on my experience. For almost a year now, I have been vegetarian, and I have cut back on my soy intake. What I want to do is demonstrate how we do have control over our health and our own well beings. We do not need to let this disease define who we are, nor determine our future health. I want to stress this point especially because I was in contact recently with a beautiful woman who has a highly aggressive form of fibrocystic disease. Remember: there are many options for you, and I would highly suggest focusing on the aspects of this disease you can control. Like your health, mind, and soul.
But I feel healthy, beautiful and great! And I love my lifestyle changes. My scars are healing up nicely and I'm hoping to take back control of my life.
Let me know if yal need anything.

xoxo
Lo

4 comments:

  1. This is such good news!! I suffer from the same, i have alot of cysts and 1 identified fibroadenoma. I have recently been asked by my doctor to see a surgeon to get the adenoma removed. Reading that diet is playing a part in your reduction/stability gives me hope.

    Doctors have advised for me to remove caffeine, increase flax seed. And until a month ago no doctor mentioned about getting off birth control and i have been going through this for almost 2 years! So now i am planning to get more aggressive with diet in hopes i get positive results

    I hope things keep getting better for you. Thank you for making this blog. it is definitely helping this newbie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lolo! I just came across your blog, this is really helpful I have been to the doctore and they have detected 2 fibroadenomas in my right breast, they want me to come back in may for check up and she if they have grown. did you experience any pain at all? mine are giving me a little bit of pain just before my period, do u have any recommendation?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mariana. My name is Maria, I came across your comment I as well have fibroadenomas I'm 26 and have had them since I was 17. In my last breast ultrasound they found 3 other new ones and I am begining to experiencing some pain. My question to you is if your pain is a burning sensation type of pain? The pain is something new that I have been recently encountering :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mariana. My name is Maria, I came across your comment I as well have fibroadenomas I'm 26 and have had them since I was 17. In my last breast ultrasound they found 3 other new ones and I am begining to experiencing some pain. My question to you is if your pain is a burning sensation type of pain? The pain is something new that I have been recently encountering :/

    ReplyDelete